Saturday, April 4, 2009

1000 Applications, 200 Interviews, 4-6 Jobs

Roxbury Prep got a nice writeup in Education Week back in February. Uncommon Schools conveniently has a PDF posted on their website. The focus is theoretically high school placement, but it does a nice job running down the basic model of the school.

What I found most interesing was the section on hiring. They get 1000 teacher applicants for 4-6 jobs each year, which I don't find too surprising. I know from my school that we get a ton of applicants and we don't have nearly the cachet of Roxbury Prep (but really, who does?). What I think is crazy is that they claim to give first round interviews to 200 teachers . I find it strange that they claim to interview about 40 people per position. Does anyone know if that's a typical number of interviews? It seems to me that you would be able to narrow it down to 5-10 for each position just by looking at resumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment