Saturday, November 13, 2010

Essential "Stuff"

I visited Pierce Middle School in Milton yesterday.  Every classroom and some common spaces are equipped with SMART boards.  On the other hand, I tried to set up a visit to the Curley K-8 in Boston.  Though it was a no-go, I learned that their teachers and staff don't have voicemail.  Don't know if this is true across the district, but I imagine it hamstrings the teachers in communicating with parents in a major way!

At Brooke, we don't have SMART boards, but we do have voicemail (and laptops, individual phones (classroom and/or office), and easy access to many supplies, photocopies, etc. 

Here's what I'm wondering.  If you were to start up a school right now, what would be the top 10 supplies/technology necessary to allow you or your teachers to be productive?

No comments:

Post a Comment